;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Every Pussy Has a Corner

My wife has some colorful expressions she learned from her mother.

Many of them confuse me.

For example, earlier today Mary was talking about assignments at her job, and she said, "Every pussy has a corner."

Me: What does that mean, "Every pussy has a corner?

Mary: It means everyone has a place.

Me: Oh. But cats don't like corners. They prefer to sleep on furniture, which would be along walls, not in a corner.

Mary: You're being too literal.

Me: But if your pussy/employee analogy is going to work, shouldn't there be a logical link between the two? For example, if you say, "You can kill two birds with one stone," there's a direct link between the saying and the concept of using fewer resources to accomplish a goal.

Mary: You're making it too complicated.

Me: I'm just trying to understand the cat/corner-employee/job thing.

Mary: The "pussy" here isn't a cat; it's a woman.

Me: Oh. Well, I'm still not sure I get it.

My mother-in-law has other expressions, such as, "Pushing the peanut," which means to move bit by bit in the direction of a larger goal.
Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!