;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Monday, January 24, 2005

I'm Back

Lots of stuff to report, most of it less than ideal. When I last blogged, I had a summer job at a law firm and was looking forward to a second year in law school.T hat's on hold for now.

My wife's teaching position was grant-funded, and therefore not part of her former school's ongoing locally funded budget. The money ran short, and her job got cut. Summer turned in late summer, most public school teachers were already on the job and her employment prospects were looking tight. So I withdrew my enrollment and started looking for work.

Praise be, at the last minute, Mary did find work in a different school district, this time as a district-level "gifted and talent coordinator," meaning she helps several classroom teachers develop programs to help the smart kids. She loves the job, so, as people tend to say about such things, her job coming to an end at the old place was kind a blessing for her.

I'm doing freelance work again and looking for a full-time job. If possible, I'll continue law school in the evening program next school year. It'll take longer, but will allow me to work during the day, which is looking like a necessity.

I'll try to be better about blogging because it's fun and, well, I could probably use the practice in writing "normal" stuff as apposed the legal stuff I'd been doing for the past year.


Stuff I've Meant to Blog About

A few weeks ago I saw a truck for one of those portable toilet companies. The logo was of a toilet in fast motion, with flames licking behind it. I got a chuckle out of it and was glad to see a company with a sense of humor about itself.

I made a donation to the Jewish Anti-Defamation League in my father-in-law's name. That ensures he'll get LOTS of e-mail from the organization. I'll catch hell for that, but the gloves are off with him.

Our shower faucet broke, meaning we had to shut off water for the entire house until a plumber could get here the next day to fix it. This means no water and only one flush left per toilet. "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."

Ever try to flush with snow? I have.

We brushed our cats' teeth. Again.

Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!