;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Friday, January 02, 2004

Cough, Sneeze, Wheeze!

Whew, this Web site is dusty from lack of use. So, where have I been since August?

Well, I've been busy damaging the reputation of my region's law school with my mere presence, and I've had very little time for blogging.

A few thoughts about law school:

Ever seen or heard of that early 1970s movie The Paper Chase? It's about a first-year student from Minnesota and his bizarre infatuation with a condescending Contracts professor. Law school today is just like that; the only thing that's changed is the haircuts.

I've had to make some mental adjustments to law school, having spent more than a decade in advertising and public relations. You see, in advertising and PR, you're generally trying to be creative and think about what new or interesting method you could use to convey an idea.

Law is exactly the opposite; you're trying to demonstrate to the court that your idea is exactly like something that's already been decided in a prior case, so all the judge needs to do to remain consistent with prior rulings is agree with you.

And the opposing attorney is trying his best to split hairs and show that, no, your way is NOT the same as prior rulings. HIS way is more consistent.


80s Flashback
My birthday's coming up in a few days, and I generally get weird around that time. This year I pulled out my collection of 80s music. The Smiths, The Cure, R.E.M. (Some mofo swiped my copy of Sting's Dream of the Blue Turtles in college, so I'll have rely on memory for that one.)

Separated at birth? See below.

The Cure's Robert Smith


Elizabeth Taylor (Who perhaps needs some kind of cure)




Ah, the 80s. I had hair roughly like Binkley, the kid (in the middle) of the comic strip Bloom County. Still do, actually.

Bloom County





Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!