;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Cashier Comedy

Every now and then I eat lunch at the campus cafeteria. Actually, it's not really a cafeteria. It's more like a food court a mall, with different fast food places.

By the time I get there, pretty much everything is closed except Chick Fil-A.

I've had A LOT of Chick Fil-A.

Anyway, there's a limited variety of interchanges I have with the cashier, and they usually involve one or both of the themes below.

The Booze Theme
Cashier: "What's your drink?" she asks, pointing to the clear liquid in my cup, because she can't tell if it's Sprite, water or a colorless urine sample.
Me: "It's vodka. I'm hoping to be hammered in about an hour." (It's usually water. Anything else makes me pee like a mofo.)

The Card Confusion Theme
My student ID card has several magnetic stripes, and I'm not sure I understand what they all do or mean. You can somehow put money on them and buy stuff, but I never seem to understand how it works.
Cashier: "Do you want this to come from your declining balance or meal balance."
Me: "Um, meal, I guess."
Cashier: She zips the card. "It says you have zero balance."
Me: "I just put $20 on it yesterday?!"
Cashier: "Maybe you put it on the declining balance."
Me: "Kind of like my grades, huh. Sure, try declining."
Cashier: "Your declining account also has zero. Maybe you put the money on your vending account."
Me: "Can I pay with my vending account?"
Cashier: "No."
Me: "Can I transfer money from one account to another?"
Cashier: "No."
Me: "I'll just pay in cash. I think I'm gonna need that vodka now."





Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!