;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Thursday, August 14, 2003

Living Life

Wow, has it been THAT long since I posted anything?

Sure, I've had school assignments to do, but that hasn't taken up all my time.

Lately, I've been helping my wife set up her elementary school classroom and am preparing to stain our deck.

How hard is staining a deck? Not very. But the last time I did it, and you need to do it once every three years or so, I managed to drip reddish-brown stain all down my head such that I looked like an axe murder victim. (I had to stand under the deck to apply stain to the underside. Stain drips. Hence, the blood-like stuff on my head.)

As for my wife, she generally only has about a week or so to get her classrom from its stripped-down, summer maintenance mode, kid-unfriendly state to something that looks fun and inviting for kids. I'm not sure why she doesn't just leave out most of the stuff from last year. Something about dust.

I had to go help her today...and I desperately wanted to get fired from that job so I could go about my other tasks.

What did I do to try to convince my wife to terminate my volunteered services? I used the classroom network computer cable as a jump-rope. I threatened to file a grievance with my (nonexistent) union regarding my dissatisfaction with her management technique. I hid a giant poster of a smiling apple (which also had arms, legs and seems to have needed dental surgery) because I accidentally ripped it and didn't want to reveal the evidence of my crime.

I kept pleading incompetence, but she wouldn't let me leave until she was ready.

That's about all I know.

Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!