;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Monday, May 05, 2003

Manor House

Yesterday Mary and I watched the first installment of Manor House, a reality show in which average Britons volunteer to play manor owners and their servants during the Edwardian period.

Drama ensues.

It seems they have a hard time keeping scullery maids. Hey, would you want to wash giant pans all day long, without wearing any gloves?

The butler struggles to maintain discipline. The chef frets about making an important meal.

The thing that really struck me is how much Edwardian servant life seems to mimic the modern office environment. Hey, we're all tied to the yoke somehow.

By the way, according the Web site (click on the butler below), my lot in life in that era would have been "schoolmaster." But I wouldn't have lived long, as I would died in the trenches of Ypres during World War I.

Actually, my great-grandfather did fight in the trenches of France during World War I. He got gassed, but lived to return home.

The Butler


"Monsieur Dubiard is furious, and I am furious!"



Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!