;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Mothers and Daughters

What is it about so many mother/daughter relationships that's just so...bizarre?

As a public school teacher, my wife is allowed one unscheduled "personal day" off during the year. (Of course, she gets all the usual holidays and scheduled vacation time.)

Anyway, she decided to spend the day on an activity with her mother. They bumped into one of my wife's former college professors, and my mother-in-law proceeds to tell him about how rough the school is where my wife teaches now. Across the street from a public housing project and all that.

Mary said she the comment made her feel bad. I mean, you'd think her mother would want her daughter to know she's proud of her accomplishments. Or at least try to make the professor feel good about the progress of his former student.

I suggested to Mary that she reveal some unsavory details about her mother's professional life, such as the time a tenant flushed a tampon down the toilet in a room above her law office and flooded the building with sewage. Or that her redneck clients have attempted to bring firearms into court.

Pot black. Kettle black.


Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!