;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Thursday, January 23, 2003

Tard Blog

I'm feeling strange about even posting this, and I might even take it down. But here goes.

Yesterday I came across an engaging, and sometimes hilarious, blog called Tard Blog. It's by a special education teacher who simply tells about what goes on in her classroom.

For example, she has to deal with a "code brown" when a student craps in his pants. Then there's the girl who asks "what the fuck is that?" when the teacher holds a letter card upside down. And on and on.

I'm feeling guilty because it's not right to make fun of a disability. It's just that pretty much everything this teacher talks about I've heard my wife mention having happened in her class. And my wife teaches non-special kids.

I mean, if you teach little kids, somebody's going to crap in their pants. (At that age, I was more of a puker than a crapper.)

A lot of kids in my wife's class are pretty foul-mouthed, which is strange considering they're only 5 years old. I didn't learn most of those words/concepts until I was much older.

Anyway, one theory of comedy goes like this: you set up a normal situation, proceed to another situation then add something wacky. The mind goes in a straight line of normalcy, then gets thrown off track.

Classroom. Teacher. Shit in pants.

I guess I'm trying to convince myself the humor has little to do with the "special" kids; rather, it's the way the writer describes her task of maintaining order in an environment that's perpetually one bathroom break away from disaster.


Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!