;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Friday, January 17, 2003

A Lighter Note

Life goes on, even in the midst of tragedy. And I had a welcome dose of regular life tonight.

My wife and I were sitting in bed and watching television, when all of a sudden...

CHUNK!

The bed dropped about 5 cm. There was a pause of a few seconds, then...

CHUNK!

The bed dropped yet again.

An investigation of the wooden frame revealed a rail supporting the springs and mattress had cracked. Our bed was previously owned by my inlaws; it was a wedding present to them nearly 35 years ago.

I'm guessing age plus the dry winter air made the wood brittle, and it just gave way. My wife and I will sleep in the guest bedroom (which is really more of a museum of my dirty clothes) until I can repair our bed this weekend.

My wife is a morning person. I'm a night person. Her mood at 10 p.m. is similar to mine at 5 a.m.: surly, confused and not exactly fit for human interaction. I put her to bed a minute ago and am hoping she falls asleep before she remembers that our guest bed is AS HARD AS A ROCK.


Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!