;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Sunday, December 01, 2002

Thanks Has Been Given

Thanksgiving was fine. My parents, inlaws and grandparents all got together for the affair.

Somewhere along the way the story came up (I didn't mention it, honest) of my mother-in-law somehow losing $600 in cash while on vacation. I'd told my dad about it months ago, but he found my mother-in-law's reaction to be especially funny.

She downplayed the affair, exactly the opposite of how she handled it during the summer, when she prepared a nasty letter to the owners of the hotel where they stayed and hinted that the staff had stolen the money.

It seems she later found the "missing" money in a travel book--exactly where she'd left it.

Call the Priest

Our dishwasher is pretty much dead, and this isn't the first time it's given trouble. See the Saga of the Smelly Sink. There was water spewing onto the floor from the pump at the very bottom, and I'm not sure it can be fixed cost-effectively. We'll probably have to get a new one, dammit. Yet another expense...

Freakin' warranties. Our house is fairly new, about five years old, but not young enough for much of anything to still be under warranty. One repairman I had out over the summer to fix the air condition said it was a "contractor's model," meaning it was the cheapest unit the builders had available to install. Not the best. Not even average, just the cheapest.

I guess I can't complain, because if all the crap installed in our house were much better, we wouldn't have been able to afford it. But sheesh, the dishwasher looks like something you'd get out of a gumball machine for a quarter.




Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!