;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Monday, November 25, 2002

I Need to See Your ID, Please

Just how old do I have to be before I no longer get "carded" when I buy alcohol?

Last night my wife and I went grocery shopping. We got the usual selection of food, plus my favorite diet beer. (Hey, the taste is good, and it's two-thirds the calories of regular beer.)

The cashier asked to see my driver's license to prove I was old enough to buy beer.

Dammit, I'm almost 35 years old, and the legal drinking age here is 21. Do I look anywhere near 21? I guess I do. Maybe I should be thankful.

I was buying beer back in 1987, when the legal age was 19, for gosh sakes.

People in my family, on my mother's side that is, tend to look younger than they are.

For years my grandmother went around telling people her daughter (my mother) was only 30 years old. My mother was "30 years old" for about 10 years.

My grandmother simply wanted people to think she was as young as she looked.

It used to crack me that I'd go around my grandfather's town, and people would think I was his son--not grandson. He loved that.


Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!