;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Sunday, October 13, 2002

Personal Quirks

When I was a little kid, I was creeped out by antique furniture. I was never sure why, but I'd decided that when I became an adult, I wouldn't have any antiques around.

I think I know what my problem was: I thought antiques were haunted. By their previous owners.

I'd somehow thought whoever owned a piece of furniture before me wouldn't like it that I was using his/her treasured possession for, say, storing cat food.

They might come back, haunt me and scare me into leaving their furniture alone.

Strange, I know.

Now my wife and I have several antiques, and I'm not afraid of them. If anything, I figure the previous owners are glad someone is using and taking care of their furniture.

On a related topic, even today I sometimes get a "weird feeling" in certain old buildings. Take my university for example. I was established in the early 1800s, and the main administration building was used a Union Army field hospital in 1862 during the Civil War. (There was a nasty battle a few miles down the road: 18,000 Confederates versus 20,000 Yankees.)

No, I never got a weird feeling in that building, but the dorms behind it creeped me out. I can't put my finger on it, but I was never particularly comfortable in that part of the campus.






Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!