;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Sunday, April 07, 2002

What Happened to the Good Saturday Morning Cartoons?

I'm in my 30s, and I admit it: I still watch Saturday morning cartoons. Always have.

My favorites were the Warner Brothers classics, especially Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn and The Road Runner. Sure, they were ridiculous and violent, but pretty darned funny.

ABC generally has the best cartoons. Last year they had "hosts" that included a young woman and a talking elephant. They had cartoons involving weirdass creatures in space. Sigh.

Michael Before He Got Weird

Who knows when Napster will up again. I discovered it rather late--just in time to get about 30 or so MP3s before they shut it down. I've been using Audiogalaxy, but it's a bit pokier, and it's tough to tell which files are currently available.

I downloaded several old Jackson Five songs. Michael was cute and talented...before all the surgery and strange phobias.

I put "ABC-123" on a loop, which started bugging my wife about the twelfth time it played. I started doing the Little Michael dance, like he did with the group.

I also downloaded some Supertramp, which flashed me back to junior high school, when one day during gym class (we were told to sit "Indian style" while the coach went to get his clipboard) this guy named Bryan stood up and started singing "Dreamer." The coach came back and asked him if he'd like to dream a couple of laps around the track.

I think we went on to do something idiotic, like play dodge ball (flash to the dodge ball scene in "Freaks and Geeks.") When you're 13 years old, and weigh about 105 pounds, at least you make a small target.





Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!