;

That Really
Chaps My Ass!

home | archives | contact

Friday, January 04, 2002

The Saga of the Smelly Sink
Yet Even More Stuff I Broke

Some home repair projects make you say to yourself, "NOW I know why plumbers, electricians...bail bondsmen...marital counselors...can charge so much money!"

Our house is only about four years old and has few problems, except for the occasional trickle leak under the kitchen sink. There are about a dozen pipes and doodads under there, so I was never sure what the source of the problem was. I'd tighten a few things, that would fix it for a while, then it would come back.

My wife pinpointed what appeared to be the problem--a cracked plastic pipe leading from the garbage disposall. I took it apart, and she took the broken stuff to the home improvement place to get replacements.

Easy enough.

But, while I was under there, I decided to take everything apart, clean it, and put it back together. Turns out several gaskets were shot, which let water and ground-up food bits leak out and about. It smelled...bad. My wife stood over me in shock, with her turtle neck sweater pulled over her nose. Fortunately, my nose doesn't work the best in the winter, so I was largely unphased.

Then the dishwasher flooded.

My wife believes this happens because I tend to not rinse the dishes before I load them--although I do scrape them. My position is that the dishwasher should do its job or find another career.

Marital strife ensued.

I got out the instructions to see if I could get any repair ideas, but the materials in the owner's package seem to be for a different model.

I mopped up the overflow, turned the dishwasher back on, and it worked fine. But for how long?



Does this blog make me look fat?
Link Me |

Comments: Post a Comment

Links That Won't Cause Itching, Flaking:
Bitchen!
Flowerhead
Kristiv's Weird Existence
Half Mad Spinster
Confessions of an Anglophile
Lilly Wonka
Jeannie's Beans
Swirly Girl

Chapped Facts:
Chapped Ass FAQ
100 Things About Me


WWW Chaps My Ass
Cincinnati Area Weather:
The WeatherPixie
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Fight Spam! Click Here!